Soapbox 3.0 is finally here! See the full blog post.
- Editing: ability to edit posts and view edit history (on Rebased, Pleroma, and Mastodon).
- Events: ability to create, view, and comment on Events (on Rebased).
- Onboarding: display an introduction wizard to newly registered accounts.
- Posts: translate foreign language posts into your native language (on Rebased, Mastodon; if configured by the admin).
- Posts: ability to view quotes of a post (on Rebased).
- Posts: hover the "replying to" line to see a preview card of the parent post.
- Chats: ability to leave a chat (on Rebased, Truth Social).
- Chats: ability to disable chats for yourself.
- Layout: added right-to-left support for Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Central Kurdish languages.
- Composer: support custom emoji categories.
- Search: ability to search posts from a specific account (on Pleroma, Rebased).
- Theme: auto-detect system theme by default.
- Profile: remove a specific user from your followers (on Rebased, Mastodon).
- Suggestions: ability to view all suggested profiles.
- Feeds: display suggested accounts in Home feed (optional by admin).
- Compatibility: added compatibility with Truth Social, Fedibird, Pixelfed, Akkoma, and Glitch.
- Developers: added Test feed, Service Worker debugger, and Network Error preview.
- Reports: display server rules in reports. Let users select rule violations when submitting a report.
- Admin: added Theme Editor, a GUI for customizing the color scheme.
- Admin: custom badges. Admins can add non-federating badges to any user's profile (on Rebased, Pleroma).
- Admin: consolidated user dropdown actions (verify/suggest/etc) into a unified "Moderate User" modal.
- i18n: updated translations for Italian, Polish, Arabic, Hebrew, and German.
- Toast: added the ability to dismiss toast notifications.
- UI: the whole UI has been overhauled both inside and out. 97% of the codebase has been rewritten to TypeScript, and a new component library has been introduced with Tailwind CSS.
- Chats: redesigned chats. Includes an improved desktop UI, unified chat widget, expanding textarea, and autosuggestions.
- Lists: ability to edit and delete a list.
- Settings: unified settings under one path with separate sections.
- Posts: changed the thumbs-up icon to a heart.
- Posts: move instance favicon beside username instead of post timestamp.
- Posts: changed the behavior of content warnings. CWs and sensitive media are unified into one design.
- Posts: redesigned interaction counters to use text instead of icons.
- Posts: letterbox images taller than 1:1.
- Profile: overhauled user profiles to be consistent with the rest of the UI.
- Composer: move emoji button alongside other composer buttons, add numerical counter.
- Birthdays: move today's birthdays out of notifications into right sidebar.
- Performance: improve scrolling/navigation between feeds by using a virtual window library.
- Admin: reorganize UI into 3-column layout.
- Admin: include external link to frontend repo for the running commit.
- Toast: redesigned toast notifications.
- Theme: Halloween theme.
- Settings: advanced notification settings.
- Settings: dyslexic mode.
- Settings: demetricator.
- Profile: ability to set and view private notes on an account.
- Feeds: per-feed filters for replies, media, etc.
- Backup and export functionality (for now).
- Posts: hide non-emoji images embedded in post content.
- Glitch Social: fixed XSS vulnerability on Glitch Social where custom emojis could be exploited to embed a script tag.
Fetch the v3.0.0 build:
curl -L https://gitlab.com/soapbox-pub/soapbox/-/jobs/artifacts/v3.0.0/download?job=build-production -o soapbox.zip
busybox unzip soapbox.zip -o -d /opt/pleroma/instance
For upgrading Rebased, scroll to the bottom of Installing Soapbox.