- Compatibility: rudimentary support for Takahē.
- UI: added backdrop blur behind modals.
- Admin: let admins configure media preview for attachment thumbnails.
- Login: accept
?serverparam in external login, eg
- Backups: restored Pleroma backups functionality.
- Export: restored "Export data" to CSV.
- Posts: letterbox images to 19:6 again.
- Status Info: moved context (repost, pinned) to improve UX.
- Posts: remove file icon from empty link previews.
- Settings: moved "Import data" under settings.
- Layout: use accent color for "floating action button" (mobile compose button).
- ServiceWorker: don't serve favicon, robots.txt, and others from ServiceWorker.
- Datepicker: correctly default to the current year.
- Scheduled posts: fix page crashing on deleting a scheduled post.
- Events: don't crash when searching for a location.
- Search: fixes an abort error when using the navbar search component.
- Posts: fix monospace font in Markdown code blocks.
- Modals: fix action buttons overflow
- Editing: don't insert edited posts to the top of the feed.
- Modals: close modal when navigating to a different page.
- Modals: fix "View context" button in media modal.
- Posts: let unauthenticated users to translate posts if allowed by backend.
- Chats: fix jumpy scrollbar.
- Composer: fix alignment of icon in submit button.
- Login: add a border around QR codes.
Soapbox 3.0 is finally here! See the full blog post.
- Editing: ability to edit posts and view edit history (on Rebased, Pleroma, and Mastodon).
- Events: ability to create, view, and comment on Events (on Rebased).
- Onboarding: display an introduction wizard to newly registered accounts.
- Posts: translate foreign language posts into your native language (on Rebased, Mastodon; if configured by the admin).
- Posts: ability to view quotes of a post (on Rebased).
- Posts: hover the "replying to" line to see a preview card of the parent post.
- Chats: ability to leave a chat (on Rebased, Truth Social).
- Chats: ability to disable chats for yourself.
- Layout: added right-to-left support for Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Central Kurdish languages.
- Composer: support custom emoji categories.
- Search: ability to search posts from a specific account (on Pleroma, Rebased).
- Theme: auto-detect system theme by default.
- Profile: remove a specific user from your followers (on Rebased, Mastodon).
- Suggestions: ability to view all suggested profiles.
- Feeds: display suggested accounts in Home feed (optional by admin).
- Compatibility: added compatibility with Truth Social, Fedibird, Pixelfed, Akkoma, and Glitch.
- Developers: added Test feed, Service Worker debugger, and Network Error preview.
- Reports: display server rules in reports. Let users select rule violations when submitting a report.
- Admin: added Theme Editor, a GUI for customizing the color scheme.
- Admin: custom badges. Admins can add non-federating badges to any user's profile (on Rebased, Pleroma).
- Admin: consolidated user dropdown actions (verify/suggest/etc) into a unified "Moderate User" modal.
- i18n: updated translations for Italian, Polish, Arabic, Hebrew, and German.
- Toast: added the ability to dismiss toast notifications.
- UI: the whole UI has been overhauled both inside and out. 97% of the codebase has been rewritten to TypeScript, and a new component library has been introduced with Tailwind CSS.
- Chats: redesigned chats. Includes an improved desktop UI, unified chat widget, expanding textarea, and autosuggestions.
- Lists: ability to edit and delete a list.
- Settings: unified settings under one path with separate sections.
- Posts: changed the thumbs-up icon to a heart.
- Posts: move instance favicon beside username instead of post timestamp.
- Posts: changed the behavior of content warnings. CWs and sensitive media are unified into one design.
- Posts: redesigned interaction counters to use text instead of icons.
- Posts: letterbox images taller than 1:1.
- Profile: overhauled user profiles to be consistent with the rest of the UI.
- Composer: move emoji button alongside other composer buttons, add numerical counter.
- Birthdays: move today's birthdays out of notifications into right sidebar.
- Performance: improve scrolling/navigation between feeds by using a virtual window library.
- Admin: reorganize UI into 3-column layout.
- Admin: include external link to frontend repo for the running commit.
- Toast: redesigned toast notifications.
- Theme: Halloween theme.
- Settings: advanced notification settings.
- Settings: dyslexic mode.
- Settings: demetricator.
- Profile: ability to set and view private notes on an account.
- Feeds: per-feed filters for replies, media, etc.
- Backup and export functionality (for now).
- Posts: hide non-emoji images embedded in post content.
- Glitch Social: fixed XSS vulnerability on Glitch Social where custom emojis could be exploited to embed a script tag.
Fetch the v3.0.0 build:
curl -L https://gitlab.com/soapbox-pub/soapbox/-/jobs/artifacts/v3.0.0/download?job=build-production -o soapbox.zip
busybox unzip soapbox.zip -o -d /opt/pleroma/instance
For upgrading Rebased, scroll to the bottom of Installing Soapbox.
- Quote Posting: repost with comment on Fedibird and Rebased.
- Profile: ability to feature other users on your profile (on Rebased, Mastodon).
- Profile: ability to add location to the user's profile (on Rebased, Truth Social).
- Birthdays: ability to add a birthday to your profile (on Rebased, Pleroma).
- Birthdays: support for age-gated registration if configured by the admin (on Rebased, Pleroma).
- Birthdays: display today's birthdays in notifications.
- Notifications: added unread badge to favicon when user has notifications.
- Notifications: display full attachments in notifications instead of links.
- Search: added a dedicated search page with prefilled suggestions.
- Compatibility: improved support for Mastodon, added support for Mitra.
- Ethereum: Metamask sign-in with Mitra.
- i18n: added Shavian alphabet (
- i18n: added Icelandic translation.
- Feeds: added gaps between posts in feeds.
- Feeds: automatically load new posts when scrolled to the top of the feed.
- Layout: improved design of top navigation bar.
- Layout: add left sidebar navigation.
- Icons: replaced Fork Awesome icons with Tabler icons.
- Posts: moved mentions out of the post content into an area above the post for replies (on Pleroma and Rebased - Mastodon falls back to the old behavior).
- Composer: use graphical ring counter for character count.
- Multi-Account: fix switching between profiles on different servers with the same local username.
- General user interface and ease-of-use improvements for both mobile and desktop
- General loading and performance improvements, including shrinking bundle size
- GIF handling: AutoPlayGif Preference support, including avatars and profile banners
- Sidebar menu browser compatibility
- React 17.x compatibility
- Timeline jumping during scroll
- Collapse of compose modal after privacy scope change
- Media attachment rendering
- Thread view reply post rendering
- Thread view scroll to selected post rendering
- Bookmarking of posts
- Edit Profile: checkbox handling
- Edit Profile: multi-line bio with link support
- Muted Users: posts of muted users now appear in profile view
- Forms: security issue resolved with POST method on all forms
- Internationalization: increased elements that are internationalizable
- Composer: Forcing the scope to default after settings save.
- Chats, currently one-to-one, evolving with Pleroma BE capabilities, including:
- Initiate chat via
Messagebutton on profile
- Up to 4 open foreground chat windows in desktop, with open/minimize/close and notification counter
- Browser tab notification counter includes total chat and post notifications
- Chats list with total chats notification counter and audio notification toggle
- Unique chat audio notification
- Add attachment
- Delete chat message
- Report chat account
- Chats icon with notification counter in top navbar in mobile view
- Chats marked read on chat hover or on chat key event
- Initiate chat via
- Audio player for audio uploads, including ogg, oga, and wav support
- Integration with Patron recurring donations platform
- Profile hover panels, with click to Follow/Unfollow
- Posts: Favicon of user's home instance included on post
- Soapbox configuration page, including:
- Site preview, including light/dark theme toggle rendering
- Brand color using color picker
- Copyright footer
- Promo panel custom links for timeline pages
- Home footer custom links for static pages
- Editable JSON based configuration option
- Themes: Light/dark theme toggle in top navbar
- Themes: Halloween mode in Preferences page
- Markdown support in post composer, as default
- Loading indicator general improvements
- Polls: Add media attachments
- Polls: Mouseover hint on poll compose radiobutton to teach single/multi-choice poll type toggling
- Polls: Remove blank poll by either toggling Poll icon or by removing poll options
- Registration: Support for
Account approval requiredsetting in Pleroma AdminFE, via dynamic
Why do you want to join?textarea on registration page
Muted Wordsmenu item and page
- Filtering: Direct messages filter toggle on Home timeline
- Floating top navbar during scroll
- Import Data:
- Profile: Media panel
- Media: Media gallery thumbnails
- Media: Any media type as attachment
- General documentation improvements
- Delete Account feature for user self-deletion in Security page
- Registration: Captcha reload on image click
- Fediverse timeline explanation accordion toggle
- Tests: React reducers tests
- Profile: Max profile meta fields defined by Pleroma BE capability
- Profile: Verified user checkbox
- Admin: Reports counter and top navbar element for admin accounts, linked to Pleroma AdminFE
- Renovate.json support
- Revoke OAuth token on logout
- Home sidebar rearrangement
- Compose form icons
- User event notifications: improved rendering and added color coding
- Home timeline:
Show repostsfilter toggle default to
- Direct Messages: Changed API usage from
- Project documentation management system, using CI
- Documentation: site customization and installation on sub-domain
- Redux update
- FontAwesome dependencies, with full switch to ForkAwesome
- Requirement for use of soapbox.json for configuration
- Direct Message links from menus, partial deprecation due to chats
- Emoji reactions.
- Ability to set brand color in soapbox.json.
- Security UI.
- Proper i18n support.
- Link to AdminFE.
- Password reset.
- Ability to edit profile fields.
- Many new automated tests.
- Overhauled theming system to use native CSS variables.
- Reorganized folder structure.
- Redesigned post composer.
- All references to "Gab" removed.
- Disable notification sounds by default.
- Rename 'Favourite' to 'Like'
- Improve design of floating compose button.
- Force media to have a static height, fixing jumpy timelines.
- Composer: Move cursor to end of text.
- Composer: Tagging yourself in replies.
- Composer: State issues between compose modal and inline composer.
- AutoPlayGif for images in posts.
- Handle registration when email confirmation is required.
- Ability to add non-follows to Lists.
- Don't hide locked accounts from non-followers.
- Delete + Redraft errors.
- Preferences: Display name limitations removed.
- Hide "Embed" functionality from menus.
- Only show 'Trends' and 'Who To Follow' when supported by the backend.
- Hide reposted media from account media tab.